Small Talk Story County
Parents, you have the power to jump start your baby's development!
Sign up for Small Talk and participate in a series of free classes filled with learning, support, and valuable research. A healthy snack or meal and childcare are provided, and your child will receive a free book after each session.
Sponsorship of this program is available. More information.
About the project:
We're testing an exciting program to help you, the parent, create an enriching language environment for your child and learn about how to help your baby's brain grow. There is no cost to participate.
Benefits of participating:
- You will learn more ways to talk, read, and play with your baby and receive feedback with a new 'talk pedometer.'
- You will learn how these skills help your baby's brain grow.
- Small Talk is both a parent education program, and a research project. By participating, you will help us better understand how to deliver such a program in the community.
- If you choose to take part in the research you may be compensated.
You can participate if:
- Your child is 0-30 months old.
- You have access to a cellular phone
- You will attend the meetings and use the 'talk pedometer.'
If you'd like to be notified when a new session is scheduled, please email email@example.com.
To be placed on a waiting list for upcoming Small Talk sessions, fill out this online form.
Small Talk News
As part of the partnership, Ames Public Library received the 2017 Library Awards for Innovation from The Penguin Random House Foundation for this program! The first place prize includes a $10,000 grant for Ames Public Library's future Small Talk efforts. For more information visiti foundation.penguinrandomhouse.com/libraryawards